Want to have a family vacation without spending a fortune? We are here to help! We’ve created a list of tips to help you “Make Memories and Start Traditions” on your next vacation for under $1,000!
- Be flexible with your dates. Can you travel mid-week rather than over the weekend? Or can you travel in January, February or April? Certain dates are cheaper than others. We recently completed a “Name Your Price” sale! Yes, YOU literally got to tell US what you wanted to pay and we found a price that worked for both of us! Don’t be afraid to ask!
- Stay in a home. We’ve learned it is far cheaper to rent a 2 bedroom home than it is to rent 2 hotel rooms. Not only does renting a home give you more space and therefore allows you to stay “home” without feeling cramped, you also get the benefit of having a kitchen and the amenities of a home!
- Cook in your vacation rental. This is another reason to rent a home. Eating out is often crazy expensive. Save your money and cook at home! Anything from pasta to burgers! The sky is the limit!
- Find out what amenities come with the home. Most vacation rentals have things to do on property. Our homes have private hot tubs, access to free frisbee golf, fire pits, scavenger hunts on properties, hiking trails and more. Or you can even just enjoy a day on the back deck reading a good book or a lazy day inside enjoying the log burning fire and a movie.
- Ask your host for local tips and discounts. Often times your host will have the inside scoop to local discounts! Don’t be afraid to ask! Many shows and restaurants give discounts!