The Ozark Mountains are overflowing with natural wonders and exquisite pieces of Mother Nature’s handiwork. One of these masterpieces is the Top of the Rock Lost Canyon Cave and Nature Trail, a scenic cave and nature trail. Tucked away in the mountains, the trail boasts fascinating rock formations, cascading waterfalls, and breathtaking views. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience that you will definitely want to add to your vacation to-do list!
Attractions at Lost Canyon Cave in Branson
Located high in the Ozarks overlooking Table Rock Lake, Top of the Rock is a stunning location for unique activities and attractions that you won’t want to miss. The most popular activity here is the Top of the Rock Lost Canyon Cave and Nature Trail, a thrilling adventure that whisks you by electric cart on a two-and-a-half mile nature trail journey. As you trek along, you will pass over covered Amish bridges, see gorgeous views of the Ozark mountains, explore hidden caves, and marvel at the waterfalls. Along the way, make sure you stop and grab a signature John L’s Lemonade at the Bat Bar tucked away in the caves.
The new Lost Canyon Cave and Nature Trail is a huge hit with Top of the Rock visitors. This guided adventure takes you through the Ozark wilderness as you experience magnificent views of Table Rock Lake, incredible rock formations, and more! You must be sixteen years or older to participate, and make sure you wear appropriate footwear.
Along with the Top of the Rock Lost Canyon Cave and Nature Trail, you’ll want to check out these other great attractions:
The Ozarks have been inhabited by fascinating animals and people for thousands of years, and you will travel through history and experience the development of the Ozarks into what they are today. The museum features artifacts, images, and interactive exhibits of old Ozark residents such as the carbon-dated skeletal remains of woolly mammoths, saber-tooth cats, and prehistoric cave bears.
Wine lovers unite! Below the Buffalo Bar, you will find an elegant and uniquely-themed cellar that serves tastings of fine wines, whiskeys, and cognacs, and more. There is also a room for private parties, complete with glass doors and an infinity pool.
In 2015, excessive rain caused the ground beneath a golf course at Big Cedar Lodge to collapse, creating a massive sinkhole 70 feet across and 40 feet deep. Geologists are currently exploring the sinkhole and what lies beneath – it’s an attraction you don’t want to miss!
Whether you’re coming by for Sunday brunch or a mid-week dinner, serves up delicious Ozark cuisine and sweeping views of the mountains. The restaurant’s interior is beautifully designed and rustic, like the surrounding area.
Named in honor of Arnold Palmer, Arnie’s Barn was once a regular barn house that stood just outside Palmer’s backyard. Years later, it has been completely renovated to provide you the best Mexican cuisine in the Ozark mountains.
For a more casual dining experience, visit the Buffalo Bar for a delicious cocktail, wood-fire oven pizza, or meat and cheese board.
For more information about the Top of Rock Lost Canyon Cave and Nature Trail, as well as all the other great attractions here, visit Top of the Rock’s website.
Experience Top of the Rock Lost Canyon Cave and Nature Trail, Along With Many More of Branson’s Attractions When You Stay With Us!
Amazing Branson Rentals offer the best vacation cabin rentals in the Ozarks! Offering the best amenities and a convenient location, you can be sure that a stay with us is the best choice for Branson vacation lodging. Whether you’re here for a long weekend on Table Rock Lake or a romantic getaway, we have a cabin that will match what you’re looking for. Contact us today, online or at (972) 849-6363, and start planning your Branson vacation.
Going on vacation? Wondering what website you should use to book your stay through? You have so many options, it can be overwhelming. Do you book on HomeAway, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, VacationRentals.com, FlipKey or one of the many other websites? Today we are sharing the inside scoop on why you should book your vacation rental directly and how to book direct when you find a home you like listed on a different website.
Why You Should Book Direct
- Booking direct saves you money. Sometimes booking direct can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars. When you book through websites like HomeAway or Airbnb, they charge you extra fees. These websites not only charge the home owners money to list their properties on their websites, but they also charge YOU (the renter) extra fees.
- Faster communication. When you book through a third party company, the home owners or property managers do not always get your contact information right away. Many times, you are required to “chat” or “email” through the third party company website. When you book direct, we are able to call you or email you directly if we have any questions- and vice versa. Often, when potential guests (like yourself) reach out through third party companies and ask us to call, text or email you- we don’t have your contact information and are unable to respond quickly.
- Discounts. When you book direct you are not only saving money by not having to pay additional booking fees, but you are also able to get discounts. We offer our repeat guests discounts and post specials on our website or social media accounts often! But if you book through a third party company, we are unable to offer the same discounts and you also might not learn about special deals.
How You Can Book Direct
Okay, so we’ve convinced you to book direct. Now what? We understand- sometimes it is easier to just find a home on third party websites like Airbnb. We often search for homes on these websites too! So here is a step-by-step guide to how we book direct, even after finding the home listed somewhere else.
- Step 1. Find a home you like and fits your group.
- Step 2. Find the name of the Property Manager and search their name on Google. Most third party websites show the name of the property manager and give you the option to look at all homes listed by that specific property manager. For example, all of our homes are listed with ‘Amazing Branson Cabins Management’ as the property manager. Here is an exact example of what we would search knowing this information: Amazing Branson Cabins Management Branson MO vacation rental
- Step 3. If step 2 doesn’t help you find the direct website, try reading the description of the property multiple times through. Often times, the property manager or home owner will have their company name listed in the description. Keep an eye out for capitalized words mid sentence. For example, we always include Amazing Branson somewhere in our description. We also name each of our homes and try to include the name of the specific home in the description (again look for capitalized words used in place of the word home or house). If you find something that looks like it could be a company name or home name, go to Google and search for it. Search ex: Amazing Branson vacation rental Branson, MO or Amazing Branson vacation rental Branson, MO Three Bear Lodge
- Step 4. If you are unable to find a website based on this information, read the description again. Often times, the description on the third party website is almost the exact same as the description on the company’s personal website. Examples of description details we use on both websites: 7 miles south of the Branson Landing, 3 minutes to Big Cedar Lodge, 3 minutes to Top of the Rock Golf entrance, 20 minutes to Silver Dollar City, and about 10 to 15 minutes to the strip; 3d virtual tour; etc. Sometimes searching the exact words can bring up other websites with the same verbiage.
- Step 5. Spend quite a bit of time on Google searching for key words and the property mangers name. Try various combinations of words. Not all properties have direct websites, but many do! And it is always worth it to save the money!
We always recommend booking direct! Check our website for discounts!
The city of Branson is traditionally known for its plethora of live shows. Recently, however, attention has shifted over to outdoor activities. Top of the Rock’s Lost Canyon, located within Big Cedar, is a prime example of this.
Take the electric cart ride all the way to the Top of the Rock! This breath-taking nature trail will take you over beautiful Amish-covered bridges, through natural rock formations, and past waterfalls. End the ride with a tour of a stunning four-story cave! Explore the balconies, waterfalls, and rock formations; or sneak down to the cave bar to try of Top of the Rock’s signature drinks!
Can’t sit still for that long? Take a hike down the 2.5 mile trail to enjoy the Trail! The hour and 45 minute trek will lead you down through the Lost Canyon and up to a magnificent vantage point of Lake Table Rock. You can even end the experience with relaxing dinner on the balcony of Arnie’s Barn.
After a perfect day, be sure to come back and prop up your feet at your Amazing Branson Cabin! We are less than 5 minutes from Top of the Rock and have a cabin to accommodate your needs! Visit our Branson blog to discover other Branson activities! Need to be a homebody? See our list of amenities and activities to do on property!
THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO IN BRANSON ….. FUN FOR ALL AGES.
There is not enough time to do it all in Branson! We have picked the top Amazing Family things to do in Branson to help you plan your trip. With so many activities and places to visit in the Branson area our Amazing Branson Rentals Blog will take the next few posts looking into some new activities. Enjoy this quick summary until future blogs go into more details.
TOP AMAZING FAMILY THINGS TO DO IN BRANSON:
Taking an incredible Ozark Beauty Top of the Rock Lost Canyon Cave and Nature Trail is a thrilling adventure for your and your family to enjoy. The waterfalls and views are just part of the this Branson attraction. You can rent a golf cart and take as much time as you need to explore the nature trail and cave. More to come in a future Amazing Branson Blog
Want to get wet? 43,000 acre Lake Tablerock or TaneyComo Lake offers great opportunities for you and your family to enjoy. Plenty of Branson marinas and boat rentals available for you. Or you can sit back on a sailboat and let someone else be the captain on the Spirit of America.
Another Top Family thing to do in Branson is to get outdoors. Looking for incredible biking and hiking trails? Top hiking trails are throughout the Ozarks. You can even cross state lines during your hike. Easy trails are available for all ages at Dogwood Canyon too. You can walk, bike, jog, or even take a segway on the trails of Dogwood Canyon. Fishing too!
A top family thing to do in Branson that is indoors is a beverage tasting experience. A new distillery has opened recently featuring Ozark Mountain Moonshine, Whiskey and Rum. The Copper Run distillery and tasting room serving spirits handcrafted in the Ozark Mountains. There are also a few places to taste the local Branson wines.
The Ozarks are a great source for antique store shopping as well as outlet shopping. Branson Tangler Outlet. The Ozark antique shopping can truly take an entire day or more. Branson Landing also offers great shopping with great views of Lake Taney Como.
MORE TO COME SOON:
See future Amazing Branson Blog posts as well as prior posts for more information on top things to do in Branson. While you Explore Branson stay at Amazing Branson Rentals. More to come on these places soon.