It’s that time of year again! Branson is warming up and it is time to hit the trails! One of our favorite things about the spring is the many walking and hiking trails in Branson. We’ve done quite a bit of searching and found all the best trails in the area for you. And what is better than spending a day outside exploring the beautiful Ozarks and coming home to your own private log cabin or vacation home? Here are a few of our top recommendations!
- North Beach Walking Path :: This 3/4 of a mile paved path will take you alongside Lake Taneycomo. It’s the perfect spot for a quick stroll.
- Ridgetop Trail, Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area :: Just under a 1.5 miles long, this trail is home to a variety of plants and animals- including bald eagles!
- Dogwood Canyon :: Absolutely beautiful trails, waterfalls and more. There is a fee to enter here, but it is worth it!
- Chinquapin Trail :: About 2 miles long, this trail is full of natural beauty! You will love the varied terrain and beautiful flowers. There is even an access point to the Table Rock Lakeshore trail.
- Piney Creek Wilderness Area :: 13.1 miles long, this scenic trail is absolutely stunning and is made up of multiple smaller trails. You can choose to hike the whole thing or explore a few of the small portions of the trail.
- Busiek State Forest :: An 18 mile trail made up of two separate trails. It is the perfect hiking, biking, fishing and camping destination!
- Drury-Mincy Conservation Area :: This area is known for bird watching, camping and hiking. Most hikes are moderate, but there is a more challenging 1.5 mile hike on location called Bear Cave Trail.
- White River Valley Trail System :: Just under 12 miles, this trail is ideal for experienced hikers. Here you will find mixed terrain and various levels of hiking.
- Hercules Glades Wilderness :: This 32 mile trail system has beautiful terrain, wildlife and plants. Keep an eye open- you might see turkey, quail, roadrunners or black bears!
Do you want to meet Tiger Woods and Kid Rock? If your answer is yes, now is your chance! Come to Branson April 17-22 for the Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge Tournament . You have the chance to enjoy a free kid’s golf clinic with Tiger Woods and the chance to see Mark Wahlberg and Kid Rock compete with golf’s greatest legends!
The event is open to the public, but seating is limited. At this event, Tiger Woods will host a one-of-a-kind Kids’ Clinic on the driving range at Buffalo Ridge. Students and golf teams will have the opportunity to receive tips and technique tips from one of the “greatest champions of all times.”
Make your trip perfect by staying in your own private log cabin!
Championship Sunday, April 22
Final Round & Celebrity Skins Shootout at Top of the Rock
7:00am – Gates open
8:15am – First wave of Champions Division play begins
9:30 – Celebrity Skins Shootout featuring Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Lee Trevino, and actor Mark Wahlberg! Plus, Kid Rock will be back to try and defend his title!
12:20 – Second wave of Champions Division play begins
5:00 (after conclusion of play) – Champions crowned
Branson is known for the plethora of gorgeous golf courses, but did you know Tiger Woods designed his first public golf course at Big Cedar Lodge? It’s true! The new Tiger Woods golf course in Branson is now open for Preview Play! And be sure to make it the to 19th hole- it’s spectacular!
The golf course is called Payne’s Valley in Big Cedar Lodge. Tiger Woods now is affiliated with 10 different golf course projects around the world, but this is the first public golf course designed by TGR Design by Tiger Woods!
Payne’s Valley is a championship-caliber, family-friendly golf course which allows individuals of all skill levels to come together. The 19-hole golf course has stunning views of dramatic exposed rocks, mountain ridges, rolling hills, and beautiful streams all while surrounded by mature trees.
If you want to come enjoy the many incredible golf courses around Branson, be sure to book your own log cabin here!