Starting to plan your family’s spring break and feeling a bit overwhelmed? After years of planning our own family spring breaks and now years of helping YOU all plan the perfect vacation, we have come up with a few tips on how to plan the perfect spring break for your family!
Since planning a big vacation can be overwhelming, we’ve broken down our tips into a few different parts. So where do you start? Let’s start with the basics!
- Confirm your family’s dates. Work and school schedules may very- especially if you have kids at different schools. Make sure you have specific dates set that work for everyone!
- Decide on your budget. Once the budget is set, decide where you want to spend most of the money. Is it more important for you to have a cozy home for your family to spend time in or would you prefer a small space so you can spend more money on activities?
- Decide your priorities. What is important to your family? Do you need to have a full kitchen because you all want to cook at home? Do you want to be in the hustle-and-bustle or do you want a quiet retreat?
- Location. Now that you’ve got a start, what kind of getaway do you want? Beach, log cabin, ski, etc.
- Make sure your family agrees. Once you’ve set the basics, sit down with your family and make sure everyone agrees on the basics.
Congratulations! You’ve gotten through the least fun part of planning a trip! Stay tuned, we will be sharing the next steps to planning the perfect spring break for your family over the next couple of weeks. You won’t want to miss these tips! We are here for you and want to help you “Make memories and start traditions!”